The property is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by the “Owner” to the “Client”.
1) To reserve the property the Client should complete the booking form and send a payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (20% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the owner will send a confirmation invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
2) The balance of the rent together with the damage deposit (see clause 4) is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the owner is able to re-let the property. In this event, clause 5 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
3) Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period (e.g. telephone calls, heating charges) should be settled locally with the Owner before departure.
4) A damage deposit of £250.00 is required for the period of the rental in case of , for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the damage deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
5) Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the owner is able to re-let the property, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable account. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owner’s insurance.
6) The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
7) The maximum number to reside in each of the properties or use the facilities must not exceed 2 (two) at any time. The party will not include more than six adults. No casual visitors and /or overnight guests .No tents, caravans or pets.
8) The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the property and to leave it in the same clean and tidy condition in which it was found at the end of the rental period. The Owner reserves the right to make a retention from the damage deposit to cover professional cleaning costs if the Client does not clean at the end of their stay and leaves the property in an unacceptable condition. The client is advised these charges will be a minimum of £35. The Client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those residents in neighbouring properties.
The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the property, garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair and/or replacements will be made as soon as possible.
10) The Owner shall not be liable to the Client: for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in any respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the property, garden or swimming pool. for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner. for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within fourteen days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
11) Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period. This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England. Please note that these booking conditions will be included in our confirmation invoice/statement. Signing the Booking Form indicates that the client has read and accepted these conditions.
12) FORCE MAJEUR We cannot accept liability in any circumstances where performance of the contract is prevented by reason of: War or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activities, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disasters, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions, acts of God, closure of ports or airports, epidemics, government action or any similar events outside our control. If a problem arises, please notify the owners immediately. No complaint will be entertained unless it is raised with the Owners personally before the property is vacated and confirmed in writing within 7 days of the end of your holiday. We reserve the right to terminate a booking at any time if any of these conditions are not met in full and you will be asked to leave the property. Please check all details of your booking confirmation carefully.